Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bowels...what a lovely subject...

Well I should be studying right now, I have a bowel elimination exam tomorrow morning right away at 9 a.m. but here I am, blogging instead. This blog is either going to help or hinder my study habits...

Now I am a HUGE medical TV buff. Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs are by far most watched on my Netflix account. I always reference it for real life application while I'm studying. We were talking about fecal transplants and I of course flashback to Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Episode 8 where the patient needed a fecal transplant. She thought she had MRSA that was actually a pimple, freaked out, took a ton of antibiotics, killed off all the good bacteria in her colon and left her with C-Dif...watch the clip.



So, they ended up giving her a fecal transplant through an NG tube and I brought it up in class. Of course I didn't tell them that I got it from watching a TV show, I just let my class think I'm some sort of brainiac about fecal transplants.

Anyway, so I'm sitting in lecture downing coffee like there's no tomorrow, and trying to stay awake. As we are talking about all the tests you can run on a stool sample (occult, WBC, pH, glucose) I of course have a song stuck in my head from another of my favorite TV shows, Scrubs. Here's the clip...



Is that not the catchiest and most honest song about poop that you've ever heard? So I'm sitting in class trying to focus but all I can hear in my head is "Everything comes down to poo."

Now if my father read this post and found out that I was listing Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs as a reliable source for medical information, I would be in a bit of trouble.

I also found this meme about nurses and bowel elimination. After working as a CNA for two years, this is so true. I'm sure you all can relate to it...


I hope everyone is having a "regular" day :)

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious!! You can be my nurse any day!!hahahahahahahaha
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card at the bottom reminds me of the time when we were studying....subject anatomy, chapter digestive system.....while we were cramming the details of how it works, and what it looks like, and how to determine abnormalities, we were munching....!! terrible, isn't it?!?! :) Enjoyed your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you. Remember. That TV is not the same as having the info to pass State Boards to be a licensed nurse. 1983 RN

    ReplyDelete